Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

I have been following the blog Like Mother, Like Daughter for some time. I really like the humor and Leila has such a beautiful vision for her family that she has helped me with vision when it comes to my own family.
So I am going to attempt to link up to her weekly post on capturing daily contentment. I hope I can figure out the linking part...we shall SEE! 

Pretty

A Crown for Mother Mary!
My Little Flowers group met on May 1 for our last meeting and May crowning.  This year our wonderful priest, Father Pat, joined us.  I made the crown for Mary! I usually don't MAKE many things with the four littles right now, but I really enjoyed making this crown.  I kind of felt like a child knowing that this crown was nowhere near what I felt the Queen of Heaven should wear, but she accepts it lovingly. 

Happy 

Hiccup lives for tide pools. It took her awhile to get the larger starfish to release from the bottom of the bucket but when she did I was able to capture her very HAPPY face.


Funny


My husband brought home sleeping bags after the girls went fishing with him on North Douglas Island last Saturday morning. He found these at a yard sale...my husband is a yard sale junky, but I have to hand it to him, he finds treasures. They are down REI sleeping bags that are probably around $150.00 and he got them for $10.00.



Real
So where my six year old, Hiccup, can catch a fish within seconds my four year old, Lioness, has to wait a little longer. Justin said she crouched like this for the longest time waiting so patiently for her fish. She DID get one! Also, I have to pinch myself to know that those mountains and BIG Alaska are REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment