Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Give Me Liberty...

The CGC Liberty that is!

My last post...I was a bit stressed in the waiting that comes with transfer season.

And my friends...wow! We got a call Friday with the news that my husband has been assigned to be the commanding officer of the CGC Liberty right here in BEAUTIFUL Juneau, Alaska! This is such a blessing to our family! The  oh... 1% ...chance that Justin might get this particular boat so we could spare our family one more move during his career was something we put our HOPES in. Then when littles pray for it every night...for months...and your three year old little prays, "And that daddy gets the lib-erry"...God LISTENS!

Why Juneau?  Oh...it is PRETTY here...more like, "raw gorgeous" pretty

Pretty


The trail out my back door that leads to the ski trails and glacier lake.

Why Juneau? We are very HAPPY here with the friends we have made in our parish community, look how happy my Joy is, we will get to keep doing our Little Flowers group. Look at her HAPPY friends, they celebrated our news with a caramel popcorn cake!


Happy




Funny

The Friday morning, just hours before we found out our great news...I think God was trying to give me clues that I needed to calm down, that all was going to be fine.

I found signs of "LIBERTY" everywhere.  They were just kind of there...

My husband's snowboard in the spot where it always is..and what's that sticker on it...Liberty.



And then I'm pouring one of my littles cereal..I mean...and there it is...again...


Really? The Liberty Bell and the Statue of Liberty?

There was also a book on the landing of my stairs with the statue of Liberty on it.

Ok...I just wanted to share...God speaks...lol...using cereal boxes.


Real


This is my family in front of the CGC Liberty last summer.  We would always look at her when we walked the docks and kind of muse over how cool it would be if Justin could see Southeast Alaska from her. God is so good. Trust in the One Who gives good gifts!

Thanks for stopping by! Visit Like Mother Like Daughter for more PHFR!







10 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and such beautiful photos! (Both the snow and the family!) Congrats on the new assignment. I am happy God answered your prayers and I love how you found "liberty" everywhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and your family! I so love to hear those whispers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whispers are such gifts...blesses the socks off me :)

      Delete
  3. Happy for you, and happy for Juneau, because we get to keep your beautiful family here with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula:) we LOVE our Juneau family

      Delete
  4. Stephanie, truly brings a tear to my eye! God has blessed you guys with Juneau, but Juneau has also been blessed with your family! Love to you all! (p.s. wish we could still be there to celebrate with you guys!)

    ReplyDelete