Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter...and...I finished Les Mis!

 Our Easter is snowy and rainy and all over the place and so good and so very full of joy.  
We are Easter people.  


Here we are making Hot Cross Buns for Good Friday.  This is the only baking I really do during the year.  I'm serious.  I am the add water to cake mix baker.  I am the slice dough and use cookie cutters sugar cookie maker.  I like this picture because you can see my three old's lips slowly starting to say the word "turn." My turn! She wants to stir. I think with Justin on a boat next year, my eldest daughter and I decided maybe we could try our hand at baking more.
My two older girls went to the Stations of the Cross at the Shrine of St Therese on Good Friday with Justin and some friends.  When everyone came home they had this waiting for them.

The sticks "bloom" on Easter morning.

This guy was also waiting for them.  Look at all that Hot Cross Buns flour mess all over him. 



Holy Saturday we dyed our eggs. 



The Easter Triduum is so rich already, but I have come to the conclusion that this year was especially RICH because Justin and I were the sponsors of good friends of ours who became Catholic.  So many beautiful memories from the Easter Vigil Mass.  After the shepherds visit the Infant Jesus, I really love how Luke 2:19 says:

And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart.

I have so much to reflect on. Putting it in words sometimes just doesn't work, so you keep it close in your heart and praise God for the Gift.

'
This is the look of tired mixed with abundance and joy and a sense of completion mingled with a new start.
My  three year old  was not with us but the girls were so well behaved and Tarzan slept the entire vigil....
and I held him...yes.
After the vigil while all the littles were sleeping we decorated so that the house would feel like EASTER in the morning.  I know all the stores probably have their July 4th stuff out already but we are JUST putting our Easter decor UP. A long wonderful Easter season...our Mother Church is SO good to us.

See the sticks bloomed!



We took a walk after our Easter Sunday morning brunch. 




We had an open house in the later afternoon for our newly Catholic friends.  I think it went well, a good Fezziwig feeling.  Visit again for more on the Fezziwig spirit in another post that has been in the works for quite sometime.


 

Oh! And I finished Les Miserables by Victor Hugo! I have been reading this classic since last Easter. Poor Jean Val Jean was in the sewers of Paris FOREVER right around February, early March.  I felt like he was standing in my kitchen all gross and stinky with Marius slung over his shoulder saying..."Please Stephanie, pick up the book and let's get on with things now." I loved every word.  
I just started The Age of Innocence. 

I need to keep writing about my NFP journey, but I mentioned toward the end of my last NFP post that I got into a bit of a judging mode...so I kind of dread writing about it.  

So that's why I decided to share some of my Easter!
Happy Easter! He is Risen! Alleluia!


No comments:

Post a Comment