Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real September

I have not been very good at keeping up with the blog lately, but I HAVE been keeping up with the schooling of my littles and so that feels good. 

When we lived in Cape Elizabeth, Maine we had GLORIOUS autumns and so I have been feeling that New England has RUINED me when it comes to my seasonal expectations. But...Southeast Alaska has been sweet this year. I went for a run yesterday through the campground and I saw all sorts of warm oranges and pale yellows. There was a nip in the air and a slight grey of the sky and I felt like Juneau was saying, "See! See! I'm trying!" Let's just say I had a good warm and fuzzy and a grateful heart that I live in such a beautiful place that does have a little stretch of fall.

So, here is September....so far.

Pretty

We spent Labor Day having a family picnic and fishing in the evening.






Happy

I have concluded feasting is even more satisfying when done OUTSIDE!






Funny 

Mmmmm....iceberg chunks.






Real

Fishing 101




Thanks for joining! Link over to Rosie's post for more PHFR. 


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I do love outdoor feasting! It looks like your whole family enjoys the Great Outdoors. I grew up in the Northwest Territories which has about 2.5 days of fall before the snow hits... then moved to Atlantic Canada where it is a real season! So I really do appreciate fall where we are now. Can't beat the glorious reds of the maple trees. But the north has its own appeal, so enjoy all its wild wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I love it...2.5 days...and I believe that you aren't exaggerating. I LOVE maple trees...I'm betting heaven is full of them. Thanks for stopping by;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting to visit Alaska via your posts!

    ReplyDelete