Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real November

The Holy Spirit is building an Atrium for the young children of our parish.  I have been privileged to be part of this endeavor. I have been meditating on a recent lecture on signs at my most recent Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training. 

Pretty

We live in a winter wonderland and I am reminded of how...

God reveals Himself through nature and yet He conceals Himself.

We can know God through mountains yet I know He is not a mountain. 





He reveals and yet conceals in signs.

Happy 

He revealed Himself to Moses in a burning bush and yet we know...God is not "just" a burning bush.

He reveals Himself in the smallest snowflake... in each one.

This morning!


Funny

He reveals Himself in people. He comes to us through the Body of Christ. 

We can say...this Child showed me another Face of God today.

This is FUNNY to me because my husband and his crew are all participating in "Movember" hence the mustache...and I can't help but laugh at his. And yet...I am the one with a bad case of pink eye right now so...I have to look at his mustache and he has to look at my gross pink eye and we call that romance xxoo.



Real


When the Lord reveals Himself to us in a moment....in nature, in the Eucharist, in a face...we must give THANKS. 

It is not our own genius that allows us to see Him, as if we can think our way through the signs.

Grace 

It is a particular grace in a particular moment He gives us. 

He blesses us throughout our day, constantly reminding us how very near He is. 

In signs.

I often feel that if He revealed Himself even more to me then He does now in these sweet signs I might explode from the intense Love.

As a mortal I feel my senses can only physically take small doses....He is so good to us.

\




God Bless! Please head over to Like Mother, Like Daughter for more signs!








No comments:

Post a Comment