Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real - May Tid Bits

Pretty

I am so proud of my daughter "Lioness." Lioness was sitting beside her teacher Katy as she gave the presentation of the Eucharistic Presence of the Good Shepherd in the Level Two Atrium. The children watched as the little wooden sheep, that are part of the sheepfold, become replaced with wooden people resembling the people of the Church and one sheep is replaced by a priest.  These figures are gathered around a table and the Good Shepherd figure is placed on top of this table.

"He wants to give all of Himself to us."

And the children watch as the Good Shepherd is taken away and a tiny chalice and paten are placed on the table.

The question was asked of the children if any of them felt the Good Shepherd was calling them to this particular feast....



Her hand shot up right away! 



Happy

Going on a Dependents Cruise on daddy's boat! 






Funny

My sister and brother-in-law visited for ten days and it is always a tradition to take a hike to a forest cabin. There is always a lot of thought that goes into the packing and food and my two eldest daughters went again while I stayed home with the littles.

A new addition this year is our pup Nori, she had a VERY good time. I was cracking up at how she is wedged in the trunk of the jeep here.


Fun times from the visit....








Real

I love this picture of my eight year old outside of the cabin. She is drawing in her nature journal. Remember, I was NOT there to even drop a hint, I had no idea she brought one. This whole hike took place during the week when, technically a "school day". 
There are days when I truly struggle with this whole "homeschooling" thing, if it's the best thing for our family.


And then there are days like these where I am convinced this is God's plan for our family...


My horse lover had a visit in the morning!


Head over to Rosie's post for more PHFR!











1 comment: