Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real and October Nesting

I posted yesterday on my thoughts about being asked twice in the past month if I wanted a tubal ligation after this pregnancy. I will be 38 weeks Saturday with baby #5, my fourth daughter.

I love this Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real link up because I think its a snapshot of the fullness and abundance of this vocation :) So...

I feel like Mrs. Autumn Woman and I am nesting like a champ here as I wait for this baby girl. Actually my nesting went to a new level as I managed to get rid of an ENTIRE 80's something wall unit. This gem was left with the house when we moved in (we asked for it to be and the people moving out didn't want it...gee I now know why). Its so huge and fits so nicely in the recessed space in the family room that it looks like when they were building our home, the wall unit was there on lot and the builders just...well..built around it.




See all the drawers and shelves. Well, I read a little post on a minimalist blog that said organizing is a sneaky word for hoarding. Ahhhhhh!

I mean...those drawers are FULL of homeschool stuff we MIGHT use someday. 

So...while my husband was underway...that's when I get these ideas...I just started emptying shelves and well...he got home and..."honey...so...I was thinking...."


And then my....

Pretty


It is so cozy and I feel like its much more conducive to good conversation and reading aloud. We put the monstrosity on Craigslist for free and somebody wanted it the next day! YES! I need some art to put on the blank wall but I am overall very pleased.


Happy

A few days ago I let the girls have the run of the family room to play restaurant...it was a play that lasted a day and a half. Not sure if you can see ALL the different table set ups but they were EXTREMELY busy, I mean customer after customer, and it sounded like a successful endeavor.



 
 
 
Funny

My eldest made personal laptops for everyone in the family the other day...look at what mine had on it...

Like Mother Like Daughter! Woo hoo!





Real

Never ever ever again...


Ever...


These pictures seem harmless but I'm so emotionally scarred from doing this craft someone "passed along to me"...being the sucker I am for free stuff...I'm not going to even go on.

Just don't let these into your home ever.

Thank you for stopping by!!! Now stop by PHFR!



No comments:

Post a Comment