Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Easter

Hello! We had our daddy home for Easter so I was so happy here in our little nest. We were fortunate to have beautiful weather to enjoy some of our favorite Juneau traditions like Stations of the Cross out at the Shrine of St Therese on Good Friday. We decided to go to Easter Vigil (no I really DID write that) and the children were SO good (my eldest said it was because they were SO tired). OHHHHH that Vigil music is just so glorious and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the Vigil Mass seems to just hug us close in Mother Church's arms.

Pretty




 
 
 
 
Happy
 
 
 
As I mentioned, the community gathers Good Friday afternoon to pray the Stations of the Cross that are set up through the trees at the Shrine of St Therese. You can see Bishop Burns there leading us.
 
 

 
Funny
 
So after stations, we are all in the mood to be home and be fed and I like to have hot cross buns out. I also have a vase of sticks which will dramatically be bloomed flowers on Easter morning. Easter is a great time to be dramatic. Ah, but the buns did not rise this year...at all...and the icing...well...the icing resembled more of a smear than a cross. They were quite dense. Quite. I'm not sure where it all went wrong, I think it is because I have a baby and so my brain is just jumble. And yet, all is well liturgically speaking for there will be a Good Friday next year.
 
 
Hot cross bun fail

Also funny...the boy here only wanted YELLOW eggs. This was great, mommy and daddy knew exactly which ones we could eat because you never know with the older egg artists with all the CARE and THOUGHT that goes into dyeing eggs if a poor little will be in sobs because you ate the SPECIAL one.

 



 
 
 
Real
 
"What's it like having five children?" The labor and delivery nurse asked me this question two days after I had my youngest. I can now say confidently...AWESOME, it is NOT easy but it is AWESOME.
 


 
 
He is risen! Go here for more PHFR.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! It really is awesome but not easy - after all, once it gets easy that just usually means you're about to get pregnant ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rosie! I hear you! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I remember how much care and detail went into the art of dyeing Easter eggs when my sisters and I were little!
    Your children look beautiful in their Easter best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My mother sent these outfits!

      Delete