Thursday, December 17, 2015

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real December


Pretty 



We had a Jesse Tea with some of our new friends for Advent. 


Happy

I pulled my Nana booties to wear around the house. My Nana has passed but these hand made treasures bring me back to when I was a girl and my sisters and I were always excited to have our booties. They make good "kitchen ice skates."



Funny


Funny, but more sweet. This is my six year old pretending to be a mommy. Just like I love those booties, I think something about wearing your mom's shoes just helps us to pretend better.






Real










Thank you for stopping by! Please click here to see more joy!

10 comments:

  1. Your post makes me feel all cozy!! I, too, have Christmas items that link me to my grandmothers. How I miss them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love so much the simple things made by their hands.

      Delete
  2. Jesse Tea! I love it! (And it was very pretty.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the idea a few years back from the blog Shower of Roses!

      Delete
  3. Jesse Tea sounds like a lovely idea - writing that down for next year.

    You left a comment on my blog about sponsored kids...if you ever have questions about Compassion International, feel free to ask. I've been sponsoring through them for more than 20 years now and have visited several countries and projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill I will look into Compassion International. How awesome it muse be to visit and serve in the countries you are connected to through sponsorship!

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of a Jesse Tea! That spread looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I started the tradition a few years ago after reading the Shower of Roses blog.

      Delete
  5. I loved your last picture. It captures the whole anticipation feeling. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The children are the force behind that anticipation!

      Delete