Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ash Wednesday

“Be patient, therefore, beloved, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious crop from the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near,” (James 5:8).


How does one strengthen a heart?

How does a mother strengthen her heart?

Something to ponder...

SO! We celebrated Fat Tuesday yesterday and believe me, no junk food was spared!

I was a monster most of the day to the kids and so I was so happy to have an excuse like Fat Tuesday to be extra generous with food and kind of flip a switch from angry mommy to "let's celebrate liturgical life" mommy.





During supper my eldest asked me what Lent was kind of FOR again...I had actually started to say something about the symbolism behind the ashes and I think I even threw the word mortality in.

She looked at me with her sky blue eyes and I could see with my own eyes that I was not getting to the ESSENTIAL.

What is LENT?



It came to me! I told her:

Lent is our journey to Easter. Lent is our journey to the Resurrection.


King Cake?



I need the Resurrection in my life right now in a way I have never experienced before. This need is not another Alaska to Virginia move need, it is a restlessness I have for that good news, for that hope.

I will not go through the litany of things I will or will not do during Lent, I have more private writing spaces, but I WILL say that it is a deep desire of mine to try and walk 40 days on here with you. 




God Bless you on your journey to the Resurrection. 






No comments:

Post a Comment